Thursday, January 14, 2010

Day 4

I'd have to say this week has been a success. On the 2nd day I made a Betty Crocker Potato Corn Chowder recipe that turned out ok. I kind of messed it up though because I put uncooked potatoes in the crockpot when it called for the hashbrown type. I had meant to boil them for about 5-10 minutes first then put them in the crockpot but I forgot. http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes.aspx/slow-cooker-potato-and-double-corn-chowder/70d24388-4552-473e-96ae-7b9295cbb1e0

I served the Potato Corn Chowder with some ciabatta rolls I had picked up at Aldi that day. I'll have to share a recipe for potato corn chowder that I've made before that was much yummier. (I can't find it right now)

Day 3 I determined was leftover day. Since I grew up cooking for my 10 younger siblings I have never mastered the art of not making huge amounts of food! Wednesday we had a birthday party to go to directly after my older two kids got off the bus and Awanas that evening. Leftover night was a perfect option.

Now we are at Day 4. I'm feeling pretty accomplished and like I should have a happy well-fed husband and children. I have bacon wrapped cornish hens in the crockpot. I would share a recipe but I ended up not having the right spices so I just made up my own recipe. If it's a success I will share. I'm going to serve the hens with sweet potato fries and rice.

Hoping for a success! I will have to post how it turns out.
We're attending a birthday party tomorrow evening and if I remember right they are serving pizza so that will be a nice break from worrying about food. I am working Saturday and Sunday too though so I need to plan what's for dinner those days.

No comments:

Post a Comment